Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sweet Summer time

So today I woke up promptly at noon.  The most beautiful thought popped into my head...."I have absolutely nothing I have to do today."  

I took my time getting out of bed, went to the kitchen and grabbed a Nutrigrain bar, opened every window in the house and stood in the sunshine for a bit.  I could feel the heat coming through the windows.  Its moments like these when you realize...it is so summer.

I spent yesterday with none other than Rachel Reeves.  We took a trip to Record Archive and bought cds, drove around the city with the windows down and the music up, talked like we hadn't seen each other in years.  I missed her.

Today I was a perfect balance of lazy and productive.  I did dishes, I cleaned a little, did some yoga, and then laid out in the sun.  I usually like cold weather so much better than hot weather, but today for some reason, it was perfectly fine to just sleep in the sun for a while - it was like a steam room...without the steam.  I loved it.

I came inside and sent some emails to my two favorite people - Kelan and Sam.  We're planning our day trip get away to Stonybrook in two days.  I'm so excited I could pee myself.  Tomorrow I work for a bit and then I get to see the other love of my life - Caits.  Going into this summer I thought work was going to consume my social life.  But I'm hanging onto it pretty well as of right now.

Best thing that has happened all day : this guy my mom works with found out about my obsession with Dave Matthews Band and he made me this care package of about 14 cds with all Dave music on it.  But not just ANY dave matthews music - stuff back from like 1993 - music you cant find or buy anymore!  So definitely been listening to it all day and pretending I'm back at Darien Lake scream-singing my lungs out in the pouring rain while Dave rocks out on stage.  

Its been a good one :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah lovee, I adore moments like those. And I'm sure you'll have an amazing time at stonybrook. I love it there. I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED FOR TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a lot to talk to you guys about. Yay! Well I just got back so I'm gonna go relax and watch some Hell's Kitchen! Love you like a crazy person (cause i am) Kisses muah!