Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"


Well.  I did it.  I graduated.  I finally walked that huge stage...(without tripping or falling might I add.)  The graduation party last Saturday was AWESOME.  Having so many people there, so many people saying "congratulations" or "i'm proud of you," made it all seem more - real.  We ate food, listened to good music, laughed our heads off, and ate some more.  It was a long day, but a happy one.  Thanks to graduation, I am no longer broke. Hahahaaa...I'm not rich but I am certainly not broke.  My family and friends were so generous I was overwhelmed.  I still am.  Money is the biggest source of worry for everybody.  Sharing it - is an extremely gracious thing.  I am so extremely grateful.  
Graduation itself was basically...a long ass ceremony.  It felt wonderful and liberating for about a minute and a half - hearing your name called, walking, shaking hands, grabbing that diploma shaking more hands.  The rest of it was a bunch of waiting.  My favorite teacher did the key note speech.  The speaker before him was obviously more popular and more about the jokes...but Salisbury was his humble self.  I don't think he will ever understand the significance he has had in my life, but I was extremely glad to hear him speak.  I hope I never forget moments like that.  
After like FOUR hours of names being called (yeah yeah...i exaggerate,)  it was finally over.  The family and the tears came along with endless photo ops, but it was a great night.  We went home and made cheeseburgers and talked and watched some strange reality tv show I cant remember.  I was just completely content.  SO happy and relieved and excited and scared and free all at once.  Now my mind is focused on the future.  College is something I can never take for granted.  My parents have worked hard to get me here and I feel like I have found my motivation - not to let any of their work be for granted.  I'm just so EXCITED I could pee myself.  With joy of course.  So these next few weeks bring quests for laptops and used cars, some serious hours at work, bed sheets and dorm stuff...summer time :)  Bring it on. 

1 comment:

Kelannn said...

Can I please totally go with you to shop for stuff for your dorm? And I'm here to help in terms of your laptop and car, I have some connections ;)

I love you Haydenfish. Like, exponentially. You are going to kick ass in your newest beginning.