Thursday, September 10, 2009

lately


College is all I could ever hope for it to be. I don't think I have ever appreciated education as much as I do right now. Middle School was dumb, High school was absolutely lame...

But college really is the best time of your life.

Every day I feel closer and closer to the woman I want to be. The artist I want to be, the free thinker I want to be.


This semester is definitely a challenging one but this far in, some of these classes are proving to my favorites.

The first is my illustration class. Illustration was my original, general direction. It was something that felt up in the clouds to me, but I was on my way up. And now, it feels like I've gotten a good hold on on it and I'm wrestling it back down to the ground with me, enjoying the view all the way back to earth. I'm working for my future and loving every single fucking second of it. There is nothing better than looking down at your desk, littered with the beginnings of ideas, paper and ink and color, images and stories and just having a moment. A moment where all you can think is....this is what I want my life to be.

I've never felt more sure or more excited about my art than I am right now. Knowing that I have miles to go doesn't make me feel discouraged at all. I'm welcoming the journey and I'm excited for every step.

It sounds lame but I feel like the other thing stirring my creativity pot is my Peace and Justice class. Things and ideals I am passionate about are becoming clearer to me and they fuel my direction. What do I want to say? What is my message to the world? How does my art become a tool for my voice as someone who is passionate about the works of peace?

So many questions. I don't know all the answers yet, but the search is really becoming one hell of a ride.

This life is beautiful. Never forget.

No comments: