Wednesday, December 31, 2008

the last day of 2008


2008 has pretty much been the best year of my life thus far. 

A Few Things I learned in 2008:

*Getting out of high school saved my life.
*I'm smarter than I thought I was.
*I'm stronger than I thought I was.
*I like vodka.
*I can sleep when I'm dead.
*Working hard really really does pay off.
*I'm sooooo lucky to be able to do what I love.
*I have no idea what the future holds for me, but thats ok. I almost like not knowing.
*I Love Lucy re runs make me happy.  thats good tv.
*Letting go is an art form in itself.
*I witnessed history Nov 4th.
*Seeing the duality in everything can be frustrating.  I'm not a fence rider, but I can see both sides of an argument.
*I finally figured out what a falaffle is.
*My room mate really is one of my greatest friends.
*I never want to let go of the part of me that is still child.
*Life is short and scary and wonderful all at once.
*babies are incredible beings.
*Money will always be a problem.  Always. 
*I agree with Jim Gaffigan...I have never felt good after eating Hot pockets. 
*The definition of home changes when you live on your own.  My home is my family.  My house and my dorm are just the places I sleep and keep my shit.
*If I could date anyone in the world it would be Rob Pattinson. duh.
*I cannot shave my legs without nicking myself at least once.
*I love soymilk.
*some friendships, even if you know its better they end, are just bound to last forever.
*Some wounds are especially hard to heal completely.
*I'm going to be something.
*Pancakes are best at midnight.
*Kahlil Gibran pretty much sums it up.  "Kneel only before Truth, Follow only Beauty and Obey only Love."

I'm so pumped for 2009

No comments: