Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Finalssssss

I need some tea to calm me down.  Finals week is killer.  How I'm finding time to blog is beyond me...and probably not the smartest thing to do in a time crunch week....but I needed a break - badly.  I really think that the key to finals is mind over matter.  I look at all my projects, all the studying I have to do and I know that it is all doable, all possible, all reasonable.  The enormity of it is what's overwhelming.  Sometimes I can handle it, keep it all at bay, control the stress.  Other times I want to scream.  Other times I just want to sleep.  Right now I'm kind of in between all of that.

I felt fearless today.  I had a ridiculously inadequate instructor give me an even more ridiculous grade on a presentation that I worked extremely hard on.  Ask anyone in the class - it was an extremely unfair grade.  So I went and challenged it with my presentation partner.  I have an appointment next monday to talk to the instructor, but I sent him an extremely diplomatic email about it - to which he didn't even respond.  So today when we made the appointment, I made sure to stand up extra tall, to speak like an adult, look him in the eye and let him know I will not be spoken down to.  Thats one thing I really hate.  Don't be condescending with me...I'm intelligent enough to carry a conversation as your equal.  I feel empowered haha.  Even if he doesn't change the grade...I'll still be pissed but I am more proud that I stood up for myself than anything else.  Independence is so sweet.

another thing that is sweet...is microwavable kettle corn.  Not as good as the real thing...but still. Makes me happy.
<3

No comments: