Friday, August 22, 2008

Beginnings.

So today was day two of crazy-insane-orientation weekend.  I'm getting sick of the stupid ice breaker games and I just really want to start classes.  Thats why today was so exciting.  

We woke up way to early for breakfast and spent a horrendously long time at  presentation that no one could hear or understand or stay awake through.  So we ditched the ITS presentation that no one could really hear and hiked back up to our room to set up the printer, etc...Then the best part of the day finally arrived.

We were sent to go meet our advisors in our different departments.  So finally, all of us Art kids were in one room with all of our professors.  The Art staff on this campus are truly the most real and down to earth people you will meet.  They all introduced themselves and started to talking to us about the year and expectations and stuff.  I now know that there will probably be NO time for me to work a second job.  My drawing professor's class alone requires hours of work in class and THEN...at least six hours every week of outside studio work to get a mere C.  Thats just one of my art classes.  I'm minoring in Art History which I probably will start working on new semester.  The professor for that said that for every hour of class there is at least two hours of outside work.  Intimidating and SO exciting.  You really just get completely immersed and I am SO ready for it.  I have no idea the kind of work load my english, italian, and seminar will give me, but I am planning to stay on top of it the best I can.  This is my life now.

My advisor Lynn is really awesome.  She came to lunch with a bunch of us girls.  (oh yeah, combing Art Ed and Studio Majors, there is a grand total of THREE guys. yay.) She answered a ton of questions and really made me feel more at ease about my little training in high school and just got me excited about everything.  I left lunch wanting to burst with happiness.

Now Me and Sam are hanging out in our room and finishing some unpacking. I cant stop thinking about how amazing it is to even be here.  I just feel so incredibly blessed.  Tonight is a Grey's marathon and some chill time.  Perfect <3

No comments: