Thursday, October 16, 2008

i love autumn.

You know that itch people get when spring comes around?  That "i-dont-want-to-work-i-just-want-to-be-outside" kind of feeling? Well in my family, we get the itch early - right around the beginning of October.  I love Fall the best.  I love the colors, the smells, the food, the jeans and flannel.  You name it - I love it.

Campus is especially gorgeous right now and its putting me in this very peaceful mood.  I just want to lay around outside and draw or drink cider or whatever...I just want to be.  I'm feeling a lot of relief today because the past week or so has been stressful.  Midterms and portfolio reviews that just make my stomach knot with so much worry.  They are almost over though and I'm just happy that I'm doing okay.  I'm completely content with the world right now.  Gimme another hour and maybe it will be different...I dont know, but right now....all is well.

Stopped home for a night last weekend to see family.  I ended up having to stop by my high school's homecoming.  I couldnt help but laugh and just realize how much high school SUCKS.  I mean I hated it when I was there, but I realize even more so now, how absolutely lost I would be if I had to spend one more DAY there.  College is saving my life.  Building my life.  I don't know, but I just need it.  As Thanksgiving break gets closer, I'm beginning to feel that ache when you realize just how much you've missed your friends.  I definitely plan on getting together with people and catching up.  Its so strange how far apart these two worlds are.  I don't just have one home anymore, I have two.  It's just so different.  I love both equally.

I'm also beginning to understand and accept, that I will most likely be a broke, starving artist for the next...idk...decade?  My job at the gallery is so nice, and then I realize that even the checks I think are huge, can be spent in like a second.  I'm trying not to worry about money but its just becoming a fact of my life...I'm not gonna have much of it for a while haha.  But when I think about it, I really dont have much of an issue with that.  There are people in the world who have it much worse than I do.  I can manage.  I feel like as long as I have art, and a voice, and people to love, I can handle anything.  I want to live simply.  More than anything.  I want to live simply, and Love like its my job, and create like its my life.  Thats all.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely picture!