Thursday, September 4, 2008

it just makes sense.

Things are good.  I mean...SO good.  The kind of good you are afraid of sometimes cuz you think it might not last, that its too good to be true.  And then you remind yourself that you deserve everything in front of you at this very moment...and the world gets even prettier.

This is the first time I have felt completely in control of my life.  I'm a freaking sponge.  I cant stop listening, I cant stop watching, I cant stop laughing, I cant stop learning new things.  Every single part of me is meant to be here.  I have amazing friends already and its only been two weeks.  I leave my art classes feeling like a dreamer, a creator, an adult. Sometimes I catch myself tearing up a little bit - not cuz of homesickness or stress - but just because I'm so incredibly happy and thankful.
I do miss the family a lot, but I have seen them once or twice since move in day.  Its really hard for me to be away from them but they keep me motivated and excited.  And when I do get to see them it just makes it that much better. My time here is for me, but its also for them <3
  
My dorm floor is awesome.  I cant believe how quickly people can become friends and I'm really glad everyone has clicked so well this far.  I have lost countless hours of sleep playing cards and taking walks and just talking with people - and its so worth it.  I can sleep when I'm dead.  (And when my homework is done...which I've actually been keeping up with fairly well.)  I've lost a little weight, I laugh my ass off at least three times a day, I learned how to play poker, and I am kicking ass in art class.  

Life is sweet.

1 comment:

Kelannn said...

Dear Hayden,

Teach me how to play poker.

I can't wait to come over again. I love you all.
Kelan